Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Taken from the Pillsbury Fast and Healthy Cookbook. ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS with any type of fish- swordfish, tilapia, mahi mahi, flounder, etc.! Hot or cold salsa, your choice! So quick, easy, and healthy!
- 1 (11 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno chile, seeded, chopped (about 1 chile)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 (4 ounce) swordfish steaks (3/4 inch thick)
- For HOT/WARM SALSA: In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine all of the salsa ingredients; mix well. Microwave on HIGH for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring once halfway through cooking. Cover to keep warm.
- For COOL/ROOM TEMPERATURE SALSA: Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl; mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of lime juice; mix well. Rub the mixture on the fish steaks.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Pan fry the steaks for about 2-3 minutes on each side over medium-high heat, until the steaks flake easily with a fork.
- Plate the steaks, and spoon the salsa the fish- Enjoy!