Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This one is pretty simple and pretty yummy. I can't get enough of any kind of dill sauce so I make it quite frequently.
- 1⁄3 cup Italian dressing
- 2 (1/2 lb) swordfish steaks (about 1 lb) or 2 shark steaks, 1-inch thick (about 1 lb)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream or 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- In large skillet, heat Italian dressing and cook fish over medium heat, turning once, 8 minutes or until fish flakes.
- Remove to serving platter and keep warm.
- Into skillet, add wine, then pepper, dill and mustard.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes.
- Stir in cream and heat 1 minute or until thickened.
- Serve over fish.
- Garnish, if desired, with baby vegetables.
Here is what I did differently:<br/>* Marinated the fish in the Italian dressing for 10 min<br/>* Cooked the fish separately from the wine, mustard and dill, cooked that sauce in a different <br/> pan<br/>* Used 1/2 the amount of dried dill as it is a very powerful spice<br/>* I added a tablespoon of butter to the cream sauce as it took at least 5 minutes to reduce<br/>* This is a wonderful dish, especially for those that are not big fish eaters such as my wife who <br/> normally would not have finished her fish, she ate her serving!<br/>* This sauce could also be used on Salmon, Rock Cod and other white fish! <br/> <br/> Check out my recipe for chef HMan: Chicken, leeks, mushrooms and wine