1/2 Photos of Swordfish, Sicilian Style
Dr. Jenny's Note:
DH and I enjoyed this recipe from Williams-Sonoma last night very much. We cooked in our stovetop grill pan. The recipe made more spice rub than was needed to coat the steaks so we heavily applied. We found that this overpowered the dish a bit, so I would recommend not heavily applying the rub, just use enough to coat. We used kalamata olives for the black olives.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Spice Rub
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, ground in mortar (or a spice grinder)
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper (can use freshly ground black pepper)
For the salsa
- 1Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for direct grilling over high heat and oil the grill rack.
- 2Coat the swordfish with olive oil.
- 3To make the spice rub, in a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, dried basil, fennel seeds, red pepper flakes, salt and lemon pepper. Sprinkle both sides of each swordfish steak generously with the spice rub.
- 4To make the salsa, in a bowl, mix together the olives, tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, cayenne, oil and lemon juice. Taste and season with salt. Set aside.
- 5Grill the swordfish directly over high heat, turning once, until grill-marked, firm to the touch and opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- 6Arrange the fish steaks on individual plates and top with the salsa or serve it alongside.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swordfish, Sicilian Style
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.1
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 88.5 mg
- Sodium 1153.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 46.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: