Recipe by Baby Kato
This recipe is submitted for play in ZWT- 8 for Mexico, Courtesy of Mission Foods. Now this sounds like another great fajita. A tasty filling meal in one combo. Quick and easy to make, so compact you can eat it on the run. Enjoy this lovely treat.
Top Review by Paris D
These are very good, but be sure to use huge tortillas or the filling won't fit. Also, I think we'll chop some cilantro and sprinkle it over the top of the filling next time. A minced jalapeno sauteed with the peppers and onion would be good, too! I loved this recipe and I particularly loved that it wasn't drenched with cheese like most Mexican food! Thanks for posting. Made for ZWT8
- 4 wheat flour tortillas, Soft
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 lb swordfish, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce, prepared
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, sliced and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in heavy, large skillet over Medium-High heat.
- Saute the fish until almost cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add onions and peppers and saute until tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in pesto.
- Spoon seafood mixture into tortillas.
- Top with tomato and avocado, fold tortillas over.
- Serve warm.