Recipe by alligirl
Taken from http://www.ukrainianclassickitchen.ca, from Olga Drozd. Posted for ZWT...Sounds fab! Cook/Prep time does NOT include overnight refrigeration.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, stemmed, washed and quartered
- 4 tablespoons kirschwasser
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 orange, juice of
- peel of 1 orange
- peel of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cognac
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rum
- vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak quartered strawberries in kirschwasser overnight.
- Melt butter in chafing dish.
- Add sugar and cook until lightly browned.
- Add orange juice and orange and lemon peels.
- Add strawberries with kirschwasser and Cointreau and heat thoroughly.
- Add cognac and rum and set aflame before serving over vanilla ice cream.
- (Be CAREFUL and be sure to ladle all juices from pan over ice cream.).