Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Bone warming good. Great way to take away the winter chill.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs cube steaks
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 onions, medium-sliced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- Pour 1 cup of crushed tomatoes into bottom of the crock pot.
- Add 1 TBS celery, 1/4 of an onion, 1/4 of a bell pepper.
- Cut the cube steaks into 8 pieces.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the cube steak.
- Place the cube steak in the crock pot.
- Add the onions and then the bell peppers on top of the meat.
- Pour the remaining crushed tomatoes over the top of the mixture.
- DO NOT STIR.
- Turn the crock pot on high for 6 hours.
- When the tomatoes, peppers, and onions have cooked down it should be done.
- Gently serve several meat portions to each person.
- Serve it on rice.
- Then spoon some of the sauce over the rice and meat.
Really good! I have been looking for a good recipe for this for years. I use cube steak or round steak, add some more seasoning... garlic, basil, everglades seasoning, and extra salt & pepper. I slow cook & thicken up a little & serve over rice. This is a good Comfort Food! Thanks for the recipe.
I thought this was a little bland, and the cube steaks don't really get infused with any flavor.
What a great recipe to come home to on a cold grey windy day!! Absolutely delicious. The only change I made was to use red/green/yellow peppers since that's what I had in the freezer. Thank you!