Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This just came to me in a TOH email. I'm posting here for safe keeping to try at a later date.
- 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese, divided
- Place zucchini and onion in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 inches of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, bouillon, Italian seasoning, mustard and pepper; set aside.
- Layer half of zucchini mixture in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Swiss cheese. Repeat layers. Pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.