1/4 Photos of Swiss - Zopf
1 hr 35 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
This recipe is by Victoria Marler and has been posted for the ZWT-7 tour of Switzerland. This beautiful loaf is quick and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk.
- 2Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add the egg yolk, butter and 2 cups of bread flour; stirring well to combine.
- 4Next, stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, for 7 - 8 minutes.
- 6Divide the dough into 3 equal pieces and roll each piece into a 14 inch long cylinder.
- 7Braid the pieces together and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 8Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- 9Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 10Lastly In a small bowl, beat together the egg white and water.
- 11Brush the risen loaf with the egg wash and bake for 20 to 25, until golden.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss - Zopf
Serving Size: 1 (861 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2093.7
- Calories from Fat 394
- Total Fat 43.8 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 272.6 mg
- Sodium 437.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 352.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 64.9 g