Recipe by Linky
A flavorful main-dish salad. In some places, cervelas sausage is called cervelat. The Swiss butcher at my local German deli tells me that what is called Knackwurst is actually Swiss Cervelat. Although the original recipe says not to cook or grill the sausage but rather use it "raw", I would make sure the sausage is pre-cooked or smoked and not actually raw. (Raw pork, eeww) Also, you can use only emmenthaler (swiss) cheese and gruyere if tilsiter is unavailable, just adjust amounts. I don't know why the food.com memory banks call it "knackwurst of frankfurter" but do NOT use hot dogs!!
- 1 bunch red radish, cut into slices
- 2 carrots, cut into slices
- 1⁄4 lb emmenthaler cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 lb gruyere cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 lb tilsiter cheese, cut into small pieces
- 3 knackwurst of frankfurters, cut into slices (Swiss pork sausage -see description)
- 1⁄2 cucumber, cut into small pieces
- 4 potatoes, boiled, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 1 -2 egg, cooked hard
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chives, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the vegetables and the cheese in a bowl and mix them well.
- Make the sauce with all the ingredients mentioned above, from pepper to oil and stir well.
- Pour the sauce over the salad and mix well.
- Peel the eggs and cut them into slices.
- Cut the tomatoes and use them together with the eggs for decoration.
- Sprinkle the chives over the salad.