Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this on the back of a can of Campbell's soup. Our family loves it and I use fresh cooked veggies in place of the frozen. Sometimes, I substitute cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup depending on my mood. I also added diced onion, and sliced mushrooms but typed the recipe as it appeared on the can. You can add whatever you like to it and I am sure it would still turn out great. We all have our favorites to add.
- 1 (26 ounce) cancan Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup (sometimes, I use cream of mushroom or cream of celery depending on my mood)
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen mixed vegetables (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, thawed (I use fresh cooked instead of frozen)
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2 2⁄3 cups French's French fried onions
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced celery (sauteed with the onion and mushrooms until just tender)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut up the celery, onion and mushrooms and saute until just tender.
- Make sure vegetables are thawed if using frozen or cook fresh ones, drain and set aside.
- Mix soup, sour cream, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large bowl.
- Stir in the vegetables, celery, onion and mushrooms,1 1/2 c cheese and 1/2 the onions.
- Spoon this mixture into a 3 quart shallow baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions.
- Bake uncovered5-10 minutes longer until the top cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly hot and onions are just a golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.