Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
You’ll love the crunch that celery gives to the creamy tuna filling.
- 1 (6 ounce) can light chunk tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 3⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- pepper, to taste
- 8 slices bread
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spread over four slices of bread, about 1/2 cup on each; top with remaining bread. Butter the outsides of sandwiches.
- On a griddle or in a large skillet over medium heat, grill sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted.
Made for a good quick lunch. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the celery as I am not a fan of celery in my tuna. We all enjoyed this. Made for Fall PAC 2009.
This is a perfect lunch. Quick, yummy, and tasty. I lightened it up abit, by using margarine instead of butter, low fat swiss, and low fat sour cream and mayonnaise. Still tastes great.
I made this today for a quick Sunday lunch. Very creamy and easy! I only omitted the celery. Im sorry, I just hate it. Other than that, an awesome sandwich AND I took a pic! Last recipe for PAC 06.