Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Do NOT use Mori Nu or other silken tofu. You want waterpacked.
Make and share this Swiss Tofu recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb firm tofu, thawed
- 3 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos or 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- whole grain wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 4 -5 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Note: Freeze the tofu then thaw. After thawing press the tofu very well but gently to remove the excess water.
- Slice the tofu into 3/8 inch slices. Marinate tofu in the next 4 ingedients in refrigerator for several hours at least. Overnight is best.
- Add oil to a large nonstick skillet. Dip the tofu in the flour and brown in oil. Note if you did NOT press the tofu it will NOT brown.
- Turn once and do not break the pieces to brown on both sides.
- Add vegetables and puree and water any remaining marinade. NOTE this is not a meat dish. It is safe to use the marinade that you used for the tofu. Do not use this for any meat.
- Cover skillet and cook over low heat for an hour.