Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Vegetables and cheese....need I say more.
- 3⁄4 cup red potatoes, cubed and unpeeled
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Place potato in medium saucepan; cover with cold water. Bring water to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Add broccoli and cauliflower; cover and cook about 5 minutes or until all vegetables are tender. Drain; remove vegetables and set aside.
- Melt margarine in same pan over medium-low heat. Add mushrooms. cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Slowly stir in half and half; cook and stir until mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Add Swiss cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in salt, pepper, hot pepper sauce, if desired, and nutmeg.
- Preheat broiler. Spray small shallow casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange vegetables in single layer in prepared casserole. Spoon sauce mixture over vegetables; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place casserole under broiler until cheese melts and browns, about 1 minute.