A Swiss version of mac and cheese
Make and share this Swiss Style Pasta and Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Lightly grease a 12 × 8-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Drain in colander; set aside.
- Meanwhile, lightly saute the shallots until softened in just enough butter to keep them from sticking to the pan, set aside.
- Whisk together milk, flour, mustard, salt and pepper in large skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat; add shallots, Swiss cheese and whisk until smooth.
- Place the pasta in bottom of prepared pan.
- Pour sauce evenly pasta.
- Bake until almost heated through, about 20 minutes and top with the crumbled bacon.
- Heat for another 2-4 mins and remove from oven, serve hot.