Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 12 large mushrooms
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Remove mushrooms stems and reserve.
- Wash and dry caps.
- Brush with melted butter, arrange hollow-side up in baking dish.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Chop stems, and squeeze in towel to remove as much juice as possible.
- Saute with shallots in butter for 4-5 minutes.
- Lower heat, add flour and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in cream and simmer until thickened.
- Add parsley, salt and pepper.
- Fill caps with mixture.
- Top each with 1 tsp cheese and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake 15 minutes.
We enjoyed these mushrooms tonight, I used green onions in place of shallots as that is all I had, also I topped the mushrooms with Parmesan in place of Swiss, they were still delicious! thanks hon...Kitten:)