Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
One of my favorite crock pot recipes. Great for cold winter nights when the days are short and the nights are long dark and cold! Warms you from the inside out! From bettycrocker.com This note is on the website with this recipe: Note: "This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature."
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef round steak
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 6 -8 new potatoes, cut into fourths
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cups Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained (from 28-oz can)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Cut beef into 6 serving pieces.
- Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef with seasoned salt. Cook in skillet 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- Layer potatoes, carrots, beef and onion in 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Mix tomatoes and gravy; spoon over mixture in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 8 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley.
At first I was worried about it being too runny with undrained tomatoes and gravy, but it was great to mop up with bread! I used a herb diced tomatoes and mushroom gravy.
I really liked the sound of this recipe but my family and I found it quite bland. It was edible but not something that I will make again.
great crock pot meal. Made as directed, quick and easy great for rv travel since there is little prep involved. Made for holiday tag. Will certainly make again.