1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 35 mins
This is a great one dish meal. Very tasty and easy on the budget.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs round steaks, cut into serving pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, . sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 4 medium red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 carrots, cut in 1 in slices
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1Mix flour, salt and pepper.
- 2Dredge steak pieces.
- 3Heat oil in dutch oven, brown the steak.
- 4Add tomatoes and onion, stir.
- 5Place chilis over steak, bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat, cover and simmer 70 minutes.
- 7Add potatoes and carrots, cover and simmer 25 minutes more.
- 8Mix cornstarch and water, stir into pan.
- 9Bring to a boil, stirring, until thickened and bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Steak Supper
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.9
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.7 mg
- Sodium 513.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 28.8 g