1/4 Photos of Swiss Steak Strips
1 hr 15 mins
My husband found this in a newspaper years ago (before we were married).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs round steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening (or drippings)
- 1 cup celery, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 large green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1Partially freeze round steak and cut into thin strips, 2 or 3 inches long.
- 2Combine flour and salt and dredge strips.
- 3Brown strips in shortening in large pan and drain.
- 4Add celery and water. Cover tightly and cook slowly for 15 minutes.
- 5Add tomatoes, green pepper, onion, bay leaf, and cayenne pepper.
- 6Cover and cook slowly for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Serve plain or over rice.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Steak Strips
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.0
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 110.3 mg
- Sodium 878.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 33.0 g