Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
In Ohio, a city in the north east part of the state, next to the Pa border, this is know as the home town way of cooking that is common to all of us!
- Pound with a meat mallet.
- Combine flour,salt, and pepper: Rub into both sides of the steak.
- In a preheated skillet, cook onions in half the shorting until golden brown. Remove from skillet and set on a paper towl to drain and cool.
- Add remaining shorting and brown steak on both sides. Reduce heat. Add celery,garlic,chili sauce, and water, Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add pepper and cook onions to skillet. Continue cooking for 30 minutes, or until meat is tender.