Recipe by Recipewrestler
With just a few stock cupboard items and some decent round steak you can make this tender, one-pan meal that's sure to please yourself and your family. I don't like "spicy" dishes so I used a mild salsa. The choice is yours.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef eye round
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 (15 ounce) jar chunky salsa (your choice: mild to hot)
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 3 cups water (separated)
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice round steak into thin strips.
- I find that a sharp knife and partially frozen meat makes this easiest.
- Pour oil into good-sized frying pan.
- Brown round steak until no pink is apparent.
- Add onion soup mix, 1 cup water and salsa.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Bring to boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add two cups water and one cup uncooked rice.
- Stir and bring back to boil.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes, until rice is done.