Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
With just a few stock cupboard items and some decent round steak you can make this tender, one-pan meal that's sure to please yourself and your family. I don't like "spicy" dishes so I used a mild salsa. The choice is yours.
- Slice round steak into thin strips.
- I find that a sharp knife and partially frozen meat makes this easiest.
- Pour oil into good-sized frying pan.
- Brown round steak until no pink is apparent.
- Add onion soup mix, 1 cup water and salsa.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Bring to boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add two cups water and one cup uncooked rice.
- Stir and bring back to boil.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes, until rice is done.
Excellent for an easy cottage dinner for a crowd. Roberta Barker
I made this for a halftime dish during the Sunday football games. I doubled the recipe and used two jars of "hot" salsa for the manly men in our group! I cooked for an additional 25 minutes after adding the rice instead of 20 minutes since it was still a little soupy at 20. The flavor was very tasty and it went well with the taco chips, etc that were on the table.