Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Delicious! I received this recipe from my mother about 25 years ago. It has always been a family favorite.
- 2 lbs beef round steak
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut meat into serving size pieces; coat with flour.
- Melt margarine in skillet.
- Brown meat slowly on both sides.
- Put into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Combine tomatoes, soup and salt.
- Pour over meat.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees 1 hour, or until meat is tender.
- Remove cover and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This was a tasty meal, I only used one can of mushroom soup and it was more than enough..great served with mashed potatoes.
Very good,the mozzarella does make the difference in this recipe. I think I'll cut back on the salt amount though. And my round steak was not tenderized(which I would recommend)so I cooked it a half hour longer. It's good over rice and veggie on the side.