Recipe by belong64
Yet another recipe I found in a magazine a while back. It's something new to do with cubed steak
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs cube steaks
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients. Dredge cubed steak in flour mixture. Brown steak, in batches, in hot oil in a Dutch oven.
- Stir in tomato sauce and soup mix; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove steak, reserving liquid in pan; keep warm.
- Stir sour cream into tomato mixture; simmer, stirring constantly, until heated. (DO NOT BOIL). Serve over steak.