Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 hrs
- 1⁄2 lb round steak
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Cut steak in half and season with salt and pepper.
- Place onion in the slow cooker.
- Arrange meat on top of onion.
- Pour tomato sauce over the steak and onion.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
This dish turned out great. I wanted to make enough for at least 4 servings so I added a can of diced tomatoes along with the tomato sauce. Also, since I have to watch my sodium intake, instead of salt I used Pampered Chef Low Sodium Southwest Seasoning. This gave the steaks a little kick. They were so tender they were falling apart before I could get them out of the crock pot. Great flavor and perfect over rice. Thanks for sharing.
This is very easy to prepare and turns out great. The meat is super tender and the flavor is great.
I made a few changes by adding some crushed fresh garlic, and a little more salt and pepper. The steak just fell apart, and I enjoyed it much more than cube steak! Easy to make, and I will make it again. Thanks for sharing.