Recipe by LorenLou
From my MIL. I have also made this with venison round steaks. Good served with mashed potatoes and green beans.
Top Review by pamela t.
Very good1 Mom used to make this when we were growing up. I loved it then and love it now. Thanks for a trip down memory lane! Very easy, very good, and very inexpensive ! Five stars!
- 2 lbs round steaks, cut 1 ",thick
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear off a 5' length of aluminum foil: fold double.
- Combine ketchup and flour.
- Spoon about 1/3 of mixture in center of foil, spreading slightly.
- Place steak on top of this.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover meat with the onion slices, and remaining ketchup mixture.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over everything.
- Fold foil over and seal all edges securely.
- Place in a shallow baking pan, and bake at 450 for about 1 hr.
- or until meat is tender.