From my MIL. I have also made this with venison round steaks. Good served with mashed potatoes and green beans.
- Tear off a 5' length of aluminum foil: fold double.
- Combine ketchup and flour.
- Spoon about 1/3 of mixture in center of foil, spreading slightly.
- Place steak on top of this.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover meat with the onion slices, and remaining ketchup mixture.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over everything.
- Fold foil over and seal all edges securely.
- Place in a shallow baking pan, and bake at 450 for about 1 hr.
- or until meat is tender.
Very good1 Mom used to make this when we were growing up. I loved it then and love it now. Thanks for a trip down memory lane! Very easy, very good, and very inexpensive ! Five stars!
This is one of my favorite recipes from childhood. I couldn't find my recipe and was so happy to find your post. I always called it 'Ketchup Steak', not until I was cooking out on my own did my mom tell be it's real name.
I forgot all about this recipe...I used to make this years ago...I had it in an old recipe book that was given to me for a wedding present...excellent recipe...thanks for reminding me to start making this again...