Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
It is great. It's enough for two people and you don't have to worry about leftovers.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 lb boneless round steak (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (I used a whole 16 ounce can)
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Cut steak into 2 pieces.
- Place in bag and shake to coat.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown steak in oil.
- Add can tomatoes.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Add green pepper, onion and remaining salt.
- Cover and simmer until meat is tender (about 30 minutes).
Oh my this was good, so easy and fast and just enough for DH and me. The smell of it cooking was enough but the taste was to die for. The flavors were just right and blended well. I'll be making this one often in the future. Thanks for posting. Made for All you Can Eat Buffet 2011
Loved this recipe. I was looking for a close to the way my Mother makes it, and this is exactly the way she does it. I also used a whole can of stewed tomatoes. I did add the onion and pepper for the full cooking time. We like them to be really soft. I will be making this again and have added it to my cookbook.
This recipe is a great addition to my "Cooking for 2" cookbook! I'm not giving this a star rating because at first glance, this looked a little bland for us so I added a few ingredients to suit our tastes. I added about 1/2 teaspoon of oregano to the flour mixture. Then I added a little garlic powder and 1 tablespoon of worcester sauce to the tomatoes. It turned out great and served over rice was perfect for my DH and I. There was plenty for both of us with no left-overs. Thanks BJ for this super quick and easy recipe.