Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 3⁄4 lb beef round steak, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cut meat into 2 pieces.
- Mix flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper; coat meat with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in 8-inch skillet; brown meat over medium heat about 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to skillet.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add green pepper, onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cover and simmer until meat is fork tender, 30-45 minutes. (Add small amount of water if necessary).