Recipe by Jo Ann L
Aside from the long baking time, this is a very convenient recipe - a few minutes of prep time, slap it in the oven, and you're free until meal time. I've never tried it in a crockpot, but I imagine it could be cooked that way as well.
Top Review by AmyMCGS
Very good- the sauce was wonderful over Instant Party Potatoes #115746. I made this in the crockpot like Miss Diggy- I cooked it on low for about eight hours. I used cheap flank steaks that were very thin- next time I'll use a thicker cut of meat to absorb more flavor. I used diced tomatoes with chilis for extra spice, and doubled the mushrooms. I'm sure I'll make this again- thanks for sharing!
- 2 lbs round steaks, tenderized
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 green pepper, sliced (omit if, like me, you don't like green pepper)
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steak into serving size pieces and put into a 2 1/2 quart glass or pyrex casserole.
- For easier cleanup, spray casserole with nonstick spray first.
- Sprinkle steak with soup mix, mushrooms, green pepper (if using) and tomatoes.
- Mix A-1 Sauce, water and cornstarch; pour over steak.
- Cover and bake at 375° for about 2 hours.