Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
this version of swiss steak is a favorite of my family. it's super easy and really yummy
- 2 -3 lbs chuck roast, cut into large pieces
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup knorr's beef bouillon
- 1 -2 green pepper, roughly chopped
- add chuck roast, stewed tomatoes, onion, and boullion to crockpot. cook on low 8 hours add green pepper 1-2 hours before finished cooking. serve over rice or buttered noodles.
- yummy with warm bread and a glass of red wine.
This was true comfort food for us. I'm getting to where I really enjoy the ease of using the crockpot. The meat was very tender and the flavor was great. I served it with noodles and scalloped cabbage. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
I think this is another one of those recipes which is pretty much fool-proof. I discovered too late in the day that my slow cooker insert had not been washed yet by the grandkids. (I have mobility problems so have to rely on help for some things.) Therefore I used my electric skillet. I figured this recipe would be a hit with my DH since he loves stewed tomatoes so much. It was wonderful. The meat was tender. moist, and delicious. Now what more could any chef wish for if not that! Made for PAC Spring 2012.