Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
An easy recipe from a Betty Crocker cookbook.
- 6 (8 ounce) beef cube steaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- Sprinkle beef with salt& pepper.
- Place beef in 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle beef with onion and mushrooms with liquid between layers of beef.
- Pour soup over beef.
- Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or until beef is tender.
I made this recipe with pork cubed steak and used half the onion. Turned out great. I didnt give 5 stars cause i would like to try with beef. I served with mashed potatoes, cooked carrots and side salad. My picky 3 yr old ate all the steak! will make this again.
This was a nice and easy swiss steak recipe...I used 3 pounds of round steak in place of cube steaks...the gravy was delicious and really it went over big with our family...thank you for submitting this.