Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Featured in Chet Day Healthy Beef Recipes Newsletter, May 6, 2006. Sounds easy and good, that's my kind of recipe. I can see adding more spices so adjust to your tastes, as I'll adjust to mine. Enjoy! :)shirley(:
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs sirloin steaks (round steak)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 lb fresh tomato (canned tomatoes)
- 1 anaheim chili (fresh, chopped)
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro (fresh, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 275.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle steak with flour mixture.
- Brown meat on both sides in oil, remove from pan and place in prepared oven proof casserole dish.
- Combine tomatoes, green pepper, onion and garlic in blender or food processor and process until desired consistency.
- Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook in 275 degree oven for 1 1/2 -2 hours or until tender.
- Serve the tomato gravy over rice.