Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
One of my favorite meals. I love the sauce served over mashed potatoes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 large diced onion
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- Cut steak in pieces.
- Brown meat slowly on both sides.
- Add tomato sauce and remaining ingredients.
- Heat until bubbling.
- Cover and lower heat and simmer for 2 hours.
I tried this a couple weeks ago and I loved it. The sauce it made was wonderful. I made it again yesterday and realized I forgot to rate it. Sorry about that!