- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- round steak, about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and celery in bacon fat until soft. Remove to a small bowl. Trim meat and cut into 4 pieces. Combine flour, salt and pepper and pound into both sides of meat.
- Brown meat on all sides, adding more bacon fat if needed. Add tomato juice and garlic powder. Stir well. Add Worcestershire sauce and vegetables. Cover and simmer 1 hour or until meat is tender.