Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a fantastic recipe to use round steak. My mom made this often for dinner with garlic mashed potatoes. Easy and delicious recipe!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pound steak with tenderizer, trim extra fat.
- Sprinkle steaks with garlic and salt. You can cut the steak into strips or leave them whole. I do both, depending on my mood.
- Put oil in large oven proof skillet or dutch oven and heat over medium on stove top.
- Dredge steaks in flour so covered, shake off extra, and brown in oil on both sides for about 8 minutes. Remove steaks from pan.
- Add onions, carrots, and optional 1/2 c chopped celery. Cook vegetables until they are soft, but not browned.
- Add broth, beer, tomato paste, and seasoning. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Return meat to pan. Cover and place in oven for 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- If you don't have an oven proof skillet or dutch oven, simply place steaks in a baking dish and cover with sauce.