2 hrs 30 mins
This is a fantastic recipe to use round steak. My mom made this often for dinner with garlic mashed potatoes. Easy and delicious recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Pound steak with tenderizer, trim extra fat.
- 3Sprinkle steaks with garlic and salt. You can cut the steak into strips or leave them whole. I do both, depending on my mood.
- 4Put oil in large oven proof skillet or dutch oven and heat over medium on stove top.
- 5Dredge steaks in flour so covered, shake off extra, and brown in oil on both sides for about 8 minutes. Remove steaks from pan.
- 6Add onions, carrots, and optional 1/2 c chopped celery. Cook vegetables until they are soft, but not browned.
- 7Add broth, beer, tomato paste, and seasoning. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- 8Return meat to pan. Cover and place in oven for 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- 9If you don't have an oven proof skillet or dutch oven, simply place steaks in a baking dish and cover with sauce.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Steak
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.6
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 129.2 mg
- Sodium 683.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 55.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: