Cook1 hr 15 mins
A great comfort food made with basic ingredients you probably have on hand.
Make and share this Swiss Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs round steaks
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- Cut meat into serving size pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, cayenne and black pepper.
- Coat meat with seasoned flour.
- In a large skillet, brown meat in hot oil.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover, simmer 1 hour.
- Serve with potatoes or wide noodles.
Excellant Swiss Steak! very flavourful, I had no tomato soup so I subed with beef broth and used fresh mushrooms. To complete it as a one pot meal I added carrots with the green pepper, onions and tomatoes.Just used two teaspoons of oil. Made a lovley supper over mashed potatoes!!! Comfort food for sure! Thanks for posting!
A very good comfort food. The cheyane pepper gives it just the right kick. Did not have garlic cloves so I used garlic powder insted. Also I did not add the mushrooms, just because I do not like them. Thank you for sharing. I will be making this again soon for my husband and kids.