1/1 Photo of Swiss Steak
7 hrs 30 mins
My mother gave me this recipe when she gave me a crock pot. I haven't made it yet. Don't tell her.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless beef round steak, about 3/4-inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 6 -8 new potatoes, cut into fourths
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, undrained
- 12 ounces beef gravy
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- cooking spray
- 1Remove excess fat from beef.
- 2Cut beef into 6 serving pieces.
- 3Spray 12" skillet with cooking spray, heat over med-high heat.
- 4Sprinkle beef with seasoned salt.
- 5Cook beef in skillet about 8 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- 6Layer potatoes, carrots, beef and onion in 3 1/2 - 6 quart slow cooker.
- 7Mix tomatoes and gravy, spoon over beef and vegetables.
- 8Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- 9Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Steak
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.0
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 74.2 mg
- Sodium 415.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic