My mother gave me this recipe when she gave me a crock pot. I haven't made it yet. Don't tell her.
Make and share this Swiss Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef round steak, about 3/4-inch thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 6 -8 new potatoes, cut into fourths
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, undrained
- 12 ounces beef gravy
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- cooking spray
- Remove excess fat from beef.
- Cut beef into 6 serving pieces.
- Spray 12" skillet with cooking spray, heat over med-high heat.
- Sprinkle beef with seasoned salt.
- Cook beef in skillet about 8 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- Layer potatoes, carrots, beef and onion in 3 1/2 - 6 quart slow cooker.
- Mix tomatoes and gravy, spoon over beef and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley.