Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
I grew up on this recipe in my family and when I make it to this day, it brings back great childhood memories!
- 2 lbs boneless round steak
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 cups beef broth
- Dredge meat in flour; fry at med-high heat to seal in juices.
- Saute vegetables in drippings.
- Add tomatoes and stir; take off heat.
- Place meat in a baking dish and top with vegetables.
- Bake at 300 F for 2 1/2 hours!