Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is easy and delicious, it is from my father who died in 1995
Make and share this Swiss Steak recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the meat into palm sized pieces and pound them out just a little and salt & pepper them.
- Dredge the meat in flour and shake off excess and brown in a skillet in olive oil.
- Mix the gravy with worcestershire sauce in a large bowl, then spoon out 1/3 of the gravy into a large baking pan and place the meat evenly in pan and cover with remaining gravy.
- Cover the pan with a lid or foil and bake in a pre-heated 325 degree oven for 3 hours.
- Remove foil or lid and bake for another 1/2 hour and let sit for 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your favorite vegetable and nice crispy baguette. This is even better the next day. Enjoy!
I came across your recipe last night and since I had a chuck steak waiting to be cooked....I gave it a try. Since I was cooking for one...had one steak (1 1/2 lbs), I used one can beef gravy, 1/2 can stewed tomatoes, 1/2 tblsp worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper. I followed your directions and bake for 2 hours. EXCELLENT! The saucy was flavorful, dark and velvety....used it to top the meat and cooked noodles. The recipe is a keeper for me. Thank You for posting.