Recipe by kkstlouis
I got this recipe off a grocery store flyer and it is just great!
Top Review by dakotah
I put steak into flour then fried in olive oil until flour disappeared then put in crock-pot. Poured the rest of the ingredients over steak except carrots I used one can of carrots and put right before serving. Thank you for sharing. Was delicious.
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, 1 inch thick
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 large carrots, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- fresh parsley (for garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, mustard, salt and pepper. Dredge meat with this mixture, then pound with a meat mallet to work flour into meat. Cut steak into six pieces.
- In bowl, combine tomatoes, carrots, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar.
- In oven-safe large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add meat and brown on both sides. Pour tomato mixture over meat.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 1-1/2 hours. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.