Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
No one can resist steak in my family :P
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) beef round steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 medium celery ribs, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the flour with the mustard in a small bowl. Sprinkle the flour mixture over the steak and pound evenly with a meat mallet until the meat is 1/4 inch thick. Cut the pounded steak into 4 serving-size pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meat and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer the meat to a shallow baking dish.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, celery, carrots, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar to the dish, gently stirring to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover the dish.
- Bake until the meat is tender when pierced with a fork, about 1 1/2 hours. Serve hot.
this is recipe tthat darlene uses she bakes it for 2 hours at 325 degrees