This recipe is a long-time family favorite from "First" magazine. It can easily be adapted for the crock pot.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving the liquid.
- Chop tomatoes.
- Combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Cut meat into serving pieces.
- Coat steaks with the seasoned flour and pound until slightly flattened.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; add steaks and cook until browned on both sides, 10 to 12 minutes in all.
- Add the garlic, onions, peppers, tomatoes with their liquid, and the broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat, simmer until steaks are tender (about 3 1/2 hours).