Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Pillsbury Bake-Off® recipe by Devon P. Delaney from Princeton, NJ at Bake-Off® Contest, 40 (Orlando 2002).;)
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) container chive & onion cream cheese
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) pillsbury refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls or 1 (8 ounce) regular refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- olive oil flavored cooking spray or regular cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons Italian style breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Beat eggs in large bowl.
- Add spinach, Swiss cheese, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and nutmeg; mix well.
- Unroll dough onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press to form 12x8" rectangles; firmly pressing peroforations to seal.
- Spoon and spread spinach mix lengthwise on half of dough.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Fold untopped half of dough over filling; press edges & ends to seal.
- Spray top of dough with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake 18-24 minutes ot until deep golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Cut crosswise into slices.