Recipe by Outta Here
Smoked salmon paired with the creaminess of Gruyere. Serve with toast.
Top Review by Baby Kato
This was delicious Mike. Simply delicious. I love smoked salmon and eggs, and this lovely dish does not disappoint. The Gruyere cheese puts it over the top. It certainly does melt in your mouth. It was light and fluffy with great textures. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will enjoy again and again. Made FYC Tag Game 2015.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cream (or milk)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup smoked salmon, flaked
- 1⁄3 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, blend eggs, milk, pepper and salt.
- In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet.
- Cook until eggs are set, about 5 minutes, lifting edges occasionally with spatula and letting liquid run under edges.
- Sprinkle salmon and cheese over one half of the omelet.
- With spatula, carefully fold other half over filling.
- Cook until cheese melts, 1-2 minutes.