Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Simple, delicious side dish - a great traveller for pot luck dinners.
Make and share this Swiss Scalloped Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Melt the butter in saucepan, add garlic powder and flour, then cook, stirring constantly until very bubbly, approximately two minutes.
- Gradually add the cream, stirring until fairly thick and smooth.
- Stir in the cheese until melted.
- Cover and set aside.
- Pour lemon juice into large bowl of cold water.
- Peel the potatoes, immersing them in the lemon solution as they are peeled to prevent discoloring.
- Then, thinly slice the potatoes, returning slices to lemon solution until all potatoes are sliced.
- Grease 8 cup baking dish.
- Drain the potatoes and pat dry with paper towel.
- Overlap one third of potatoes on the bottom of dish, top with one third of the green onions, then sprinkle generously with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Cover with one third of the cheese sauce.
- Repeat layers, ending with sauce.
- Cover and bake in the preheated oven for one hour.
- Uncover and continue baking for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced and the top is golden.