4 hrs 30 mins
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
From the book "How to Present and Serve Food Attractively" and found in "The Good Cook Salads". Posted for ZWT7. The cooking time is the refrigeration time needed for the dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into wedges (about 5 or 6 medium-sized tomatoes)
- 2 cucumbers, unpeeled but thinly sliced
- 6 eggs, hard-boiled and sliced
- 2 small green peppers, halved seeded, deribbed and very thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb gruyere cheese or 1/2 lb emmenthaler cheese, cut into julienne
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, split in half
- 1Prepare the anchovy dressing by combining all ingredients and mixing well.
- 2Set aside in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- 3To make the salad, rub the bowl with the cut side of the garlic clove and discard it.
- 4Combine all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- 5Stir very carefully so that the eggs don't break.
- 6Present the salad to your guests, pour over the dressing and mix before serving.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Salad With Anchovy Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 823.6
- Calories from Fat 627
- Total Fat 69.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 349.9 mg
- Sodium 803.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 32.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: