1/3 Photos of Swiss Salad (For Our Swiss Sister, Tigerduck)
This salad by Lillian Langseth-Christensen from "How to Present & Serve Food Attractively" seemed very timely w/RSC going on, so I decided to enter it & dedicate it to Duckie. Enjoy! (Time does not include time to hard-boil & cool the eggs or refrigerate the dressing.)
My Private Note
Salad S ...
Units: US | Metric
- 5 medium tomatoes (ripe, peeled, seeded & cut into wedges)
- 2 medium cucumbers (unpeeled & thin-sliced)
- 6 eggs (hard-boiled & sliced)
- 2 small green peppers (halved, seeded, deribbed & very thinly sliced)
- 1/2 lb gruyere (cut in sml julienne strips) or 1/2 lb emmenthaler cheese (cut in sml julienne strips)
- 1/2 cup black olives (pitted & sliced)
- 2 small onions (thinly sliced & separated into rings)
- 1For Dressing: Combine all ingredients & refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 2For Salad: Prepare & combine all salad ingredients except the egg slices.
- 3Present the salad, drizzle w/dressing to your taste pref, mix to distribute dressing & top w/egg slices to serve.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Salad (For Our Swiss Sister, Tigerduck)
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.6
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 194.1 mg
- Sodium 432.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 16.3 g