1/5 Photos of "swiss" Round Steak With Onion Gravy
2 hrs 30 mins
We always called this "Salisbury Steak", but it does not have tomatoes. Comfort food at it's best...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut round steak into 6 serving size pieces.
- 2On a cutting board, dredge pieces with flour, salt and pepper.
- 3Pound flour into the meat with a meat mallet.
- 4Turn pieces, dredge, and pound until they can't hold any more flour.
- 5(This can be a messy process, so be warned!).
- 6In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil and brown steak pieces on both sides.
- 7Place in a covered casserole.
- 8Add onions and garlic to the skillet.
- 9Saute until onions are limp (5 minutes).
- 10Place onions and garlic over steak pieces in casserole dish.
- 11Add enough beef broth to barely cover meat.
- 12The flour from the meat will thicken the broth as it bakes and will make its own gravy.
- 13Bake at 300F for 2 hours or until fork-tender.
- 14Serve over noodles or mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "swiss" Round Steak With Onion Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.2
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 124.1 mg
- Sodium 543.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 38.7 g