Recipe by MTpockets
This is an easy, basic recipe my family and I really enjoy. The long cook time ensures the meat will some out tender and full of flavor. If there is any sauce left I like to spoon it over mashed potatoes like a gravy. It's wonderful!
- 2 lbs round steaks, Cut into serving pieces
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 onion, Chopped
- 1 green pepper, Chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place Flour, salt and Pepper in a large ziplock bag, add beef pieces and shake well to coat. You may have to do it in batches.
- Place butter in a large, deep skillet and melt (Do not let it simmer long enough to brown).
- Add beef and brown beef on all sides.
- Add garlic, beef broth, tomatoes, onion, green pepper, basil and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and simmer mixture for 1 1/2 Hours, Stirring Occasionaly.
- Before serving, Sprinkle meat with cheese (If desired) And let it simmer uncovered just long enough for the cheese to melt.