Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
Serve with red cabbage and Spaetzle.(German dumplings) for an authentic German meal.
- 2 lbs round steaks, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 small carrots, cut in strips
- 14 medium green beans or 14 medium asparagus
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 8 ounces beef broth
- 8 ounces water
- Pound beef and cut in 14 pieces 6” x 8”. Melt butter in skillet, add onion and sauté till soft; set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix breadcrumbs, poultry seasoning, dry mustard, salt, pepper, chicken broth and cooked onion.
- Spread a bit of the mixture on each piece of meat. Top with 1 carrot strip and 1 green bean.
- Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Brown each roll in butter and oil.
- Remove toothpicks, place rolls in greased baking dish.
- Deglaze skillet with beef broth and water, thikden with flour and spoon over roulades.
- Seal baking dish and bake 2 hours at 325*.
- Makes 14 rolls.
- A make-ahead dish that can be stored in the refrigerator until cooking time.
- Dish that lends itself to slow cooking. Cook on Low for 7 hours.